1. Hang up a scarf.
Granted, you should pick a scarf that looks like a piece of art, like this one, and make sure to iron it before you hang it up. But you could also frame it.
2. Use masking tape to create a geoemetric, abstract painting.
Paint a crazy colorful random design on a canvas, use tape to make a herringbone pattern, paint over the whole thing in white. When you remove the tape, you’ll get something like this. (The image shown is an actual art print that you can buy.)
3. Frame a fabric or wallpaper sample.
4. Wrap cute fabric around a rectangular piece of styrofoam or wood and staple in the back.
Here’s a similar idea but with damask wallpaper.
5. Turn an old window into a picture frame.
6. Cut circles out of poster board, spray paint, and glue onto a canvas.
13. Create string art with embroidery floss or yarn.
Seriously, how cool is this?
14. Make a wipe-off board with patterned paper inside of a frame.
16. Make a display with shoe boxes.
Spray paint the inside of a shoebox to display lightweight items.
Boxes lined with pretty paper looks lovely, as well.
17. Stencil letters onto a thrift store painting.
18. Use foil tape to create a wallpaper-like design on a wall.
22. Display of adorable tiny mirrors is adorable.
25. Glue wooden letters onto a canvas and spray paint.
Get the incredibly simple directions here.
26. Organize art supplies into a rainbow display.
28. Run crayons through a hot glue gun to create a colorful, textured masterpiece.
Use up all those broken crayons you might have lying around. Warning: this is a bit of a malodorous project.
29. Use household items to hang pictures.
Like pants hangers.
37. Use jewel cases as photo frames.
38. Move around a lot while taking photos.
It’ll create blurry effects that are great for blowing up and printing out on paper.